- Introduction to Presenter by PowerLung Inventor, Mr. Barry Jarvis.
Why diversify your repertoire?
- Extend your audience’s awareness of flutes and flute music.
- Rest your silver chops while continuing to entertain your audience.
- Benefits for those students with a desire for diversity.
- Benefits for those students needing to break away from the confines of printed music.
- Benefits for those students who may be blocked on other instruments.
- Use to break out the main instrument a new or multi-instrument student may play.
- For Recital
Why choose the Native American Flute for Diversity?
- Most settings look for a way to honor the traditions of the past.
- You can add the ability to use this instrument in conjunction with other instruments to take advantage of new music areas.
- Most audiences are somewhat familiar with at least the sound of the instrument and consider it enjoyable and entertaining.
Native American Flute – Beginning and Progressing in your Playing:
When you start playing you usually play to make a sound.
- IT IS ALL ABOUT BREATHING AND AIR!
- Breath control is key to the nuances of playing and to progress to the next level.
- YOU REALLY NEED POWERLUNG TO HELP WITH THIS!
PowerLung is key to successfully playing the Native American and Silver Flute.
Increase your control and capacity with PowerLung! A Must for Playing.
- The more detail breathing and breath delivery you have the better you will play, since there is essentially no embouchure for the Native American Flute.
- Breath Control is key to the nuances of playing the Native American, or any, Flute especially if you want to progress to more advanced playing.
- PowerLung DELIVERS for Jim Akins Studio. There are 24 tuba majors and 17 of them own a PowerLung. Of those 17 the top 5 players in both Tuba and Native American Flute use PowerLung daily. Year after year, the top players in my studio use PowerLung.
- Increase your control and capacity with PowerLung! A Must for Playing.
- When you start playing you usually play to make a sound.
- How do you find music?
- Best online resource for Native American Flute Information and Music: www.zadjik.com
- Additional Photographs of "Music" for adapting to and playing Native American Flute are provided on the CD-ROM.
How to Select a Native American Flute?
- Due to individual and personal nature this is best relayed in person.
Key Elements to look for or consider in choosing your personal flute:
- Beauty of the instrument including decoration,
- Individuality of the instrument and the match with your personal music goals,
- Voice or character of the flute,
- Type of wood,
- How it is constructed (machine or manual), and
- Is it constructed to meet your level of performance desires?
- Questions and Answers
- Presentation Outline with notes
- Presentation outline and notes
- Resource links
- PowerLung breathing training program
- Additional "samples" of music for your flute