In this we are pleased to be working very closely with Portsmouth University in Portsmouth, England. They are currently seeking collaborators, particularly in North America but also across other countries to contribute to research in the following areas:
- Defining optimal training and maintenance strategies for various diseases/disorders that affect or are affected by breathing.
- Pilot clinical trials investigating the use of PowerLung in asthma, COPD and cystic fibrosis.
- The effects of different volumes of RMT on BODE Index score in patients with COPD enrolled in pulmonary rehabilitation.
- The effects of RMT on quality of life, physical activity, exacerbations and airway inflammation in patients with asthma.
- The effects of RMT on accelerometer-determined physical activity and quality of life in inactive chronic heart failure patients.
Dr. Andy Scott and Dr. Mitch Lomax, Senior Lecturers at Portsmouth University specialize in the field of Exercise Is Medicine and actively participate in this initiative of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Dr. Scott has been instrumental in re-introducing PowerLung to and as Exercise is Medicine and is quick to point out that respiratory muscle training is not, as many confuse simply using training or exercising the muscles used for inspiration; that is Inspiratory muscle training. Research in Respiratory Muscle Training should include both inspiration and expiration, just as people actually breathe.
If you are interested in the opportunities of collaborating with Portsmouth University, please click on the Portsmouth button to complete the form which will be sent to Dr. Scott to express your interest and begin communication with him in this area. He will be able to give you details of the various initiatives their previous work in this area, their hospital affiliation and any other information you may need.
If you are interested in pursuing other areas of research using PowerLung product, please select the other button and complete the form at that link.
If you are interested in both, you will need to complete each form separately. Thank you for your interest in PowerLung and working with us to help everyone breathe better, perform at their best and be as active as possible.