breathing for scuba and freediving, powerlung

Recommended PowerLung Models

Trainer

Trainer, PowerLungThe Trainer model is the most appropriate for those who are looking to improve performance in sports or other rigorous activity.

Buy Now

Sport

sport, powerlungThe Sport model uses maximum resistance training specifically designed for elite athletes and strenuous, competitive training activities.

Buy Now

PowerLung is the original and only respiratory strength training machine with integrated exhale and inhale progressive resistance for all divers. Improve your bottom time and get longer breath hold for SCUBA and freediving.

The Facts

PowerLung is based on 80 years of research. Study results show PowerLung increases respiratory muscle strength – Inhale and Exhale – for SCUBA and free divers.

• Increased
    Inhale Muscle Power > 40%
    Exhale Muscle Power > 150%
  • Increased
    Tidal Volume > 25%
    Peak Exhalation > 20%

Respiratory Muscle Training Program Effects on Lung Function & Air Consumption in SCUBA Divers

Use PowerLung For

Easier relaxed breathing, better tank use, longer bottom times and longer breath hold for free diving or spear fishing.

• Stronger Respiratory Muscles To Improve Use of Lung Capacity
  • Greater Oxygen Uptake To Help Improve Strength and Endurance of Leg and Other Muscles
  • Greater Respiratory Endurance
  • Lower Respiratory And Cardiac Rates
  • Stronger Exhalation For Better Nitrogen Clearing

Success Story: Australian Police Diver

…Required to exhale more than 75% of my lung’s capacity in the 1st second of exhalation (FEV1) to pass my commercial dive medical…):

…The PowerLung machine is going well with very high recommendations on my part. I recently had great results in my lung function test (from 67% to 82%!!!!) I have not in the years past been able to produce such high results despite my level of fitness or activity. As a Police Diver I am required to undertake a commercial dive medical which is of high standard and it was a relief to pass the lung function test with ease for the first time ever.

Read More SCUBA & Freediving Success Stories